Many people here on the Crystal Coast opt to rent their homes, as it is a popular place to vacation and spend the summers. However, inconveniences and disturbances can still occur within a rented home. Today, we want to discuss what renter’s insurance covers how it can help protect you in the unfortunate event of an emergency.

First off, renter’s insurance covers the cost of replacing personal property and liability for injuries sustained in the home. It covers certain types of weather, fire/smoke damage, electrical surges, water damage from appliance/plumbing issues, theft/vandalism, falling objects, vehicles, airplanes, injuries that others sustain within your home. However, it does not cover floods (due to natural causes), damages from earthquakes, intentional damage/injury, or vermin infestation. To be safe, you will want to discuss specific issues with your agent to avoid miscommunication.

Some property that is covered under renter’s insurance is clothes, electronics, furniture/appliances, decorations and sports equipment. Some items that may be subject to additional coverage are musical equipment, art, gift cards/checks, jewelry, firearms, collectables and money. For an inexpensive monthly premium, you are able to protect your rented home.

If you are in the market to rent, be sure to talk to Chalk and Gibbs about the importance of renter’s insurance. Many people overlook the value of having this protection, and only think about it when it’s too late. Give us a call or drop by our office to discuss your next steps with renter’s insurance and how we can help you streamline the process!

Posted 11:00 AM

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014

View Mobile Version

Contact Email Us Get A Quote Meet Our Staff

Insurance Companies
General Casualty
National General
Safeco Insurance
BlueCross BlueShield of North Carolina
Authorized Agent
Home     |     About     |     Contact     |     Service     |     Privacy     |     Disclaimer     |     Search

© Chalk & Gibbs Insurance and Real Estate

Chalk & Gibbs Insurance and Real Estate is an independent authorized producer/agency licensed to sell and promote products from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC). The content contained in this site is maintained by Chalk & Gibbs Insurance and Real Estate. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.

®, SM Registered marks of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.