This time of year is quite hectic. Between the kids getting out of school and your in-laws pulling up in your driveway for a week-long Christmas vacation, there is little room for you to relax. Our health can go awry when we neglect to take care of ourselves, and stress is a major factor in many health issues. Today, we want to provide you with a few tips to de-stress and relax this holiday season:
• Prepare your meals, gift wrapping, decorating, and activities in advanced.
• Take your family to do outdoor activities, like hiking, biking, walking, or a game of football in the backyard.
• Eat nutritious meals because – believe it or not – sugar and sweets can affect your mood. It’s okay to indulge every so often, but balance it out with healthy meals.
• Get a sufficient amount of sleep – seven to eight hours is ideal!
• Shut off your electronics at least one hour before you hit the hay. Perhaps spend your last hour awake reading a book or catching up with your spouse.
• Don’t feel like you have to say yes to everything. There is a great deal of activities happening this time of year, but don’t feel like you need to attend everything. It’s okay to say no!
• Throw perfection out the window – your holiday will not be the perfect event that you may have painted in your head. Know that things may go wrong, and be okay with that.
Chalk & Gibbs has been in the business of providing Carteret County with high-quality insurance for many, many years. We have many options when it comes to health coverage, and would love to chat about our various policies. However, maintaining good health throughout the holidays is a tricky task. Be sure to follow the tips above to prevent stress and other health problems during this exciting and joyful season!
Want to chat with an agent? Give drop by our office or contact us on our website!