Living near (or on) the sandy beaches of North Carolina is a dream for many. Our beautiful sandy beaches paired with the Crystal Coast’s active community and delicious restaurant scene makes for an ideal place to reside. However, living on the coast does have some cons. Below is a list of risks and benefits to living on North Carolina’s Crystal Coast:
- •Severe weather during hurricane season, sometimes resulting in damage to your property or belongings.
- Less people around during the cooler months, meaning some restaurants and businesses close for the winter.
- The beach…obviously!
- Fresh seafood year-round and unique restaurants on every corner.
- Family-oriented atmosphere.
- Beautiful waterfront properties available.
- Friendly community members.
Although there are some risks to living in a coastal area, the benefits of waking up alongside the Atlantic Ocean and feeling the sea breeze each and every day may outweigh the few drawbacks. For over 90 years, Chalk and Gibbs has been helping people fulfill their residential dreams on the Crystal Coast.
We know the joys of living in Eastern North Carolina because we live here, too! Contact us today for more information on how we can help you!