Since we enlightened you on some interesting and useful facts about auto insurance, we want to give you a few unique tidbits about real estate, as well! Here are 6 real estate facts that you probably did not know before:
1. Often, we hear about the large number of homeless individuals in our country. However, we have five times as many houses that are vacant than there are homeless people. Five. Times! (Source: LighterSideofRealEstate)
2. The Seattle Kingdome – former home of the Seattle Mariners – was such an expensive piece of property that it had to be demolished in 2000. The dome was not paid off until 2015, 15 years after it was torn down (Source: Fortune).
3. There is a town in Bavaria that was built upon a crater in the earth caused by a meteor from 14 million years ago. Talk about hot real estate! (Source: Inman)
4. Those who live in Scotland adorn their front doors with red paint to let their neighbors know that they paid off their mortgage. (Source: Inman)
5. Get your spacesuit ready! There is a person who can sell you an acre of land on the moon for around $30. (Source: Inman)
6. Warren Buffet, one of the richest people in the world, lives in a $31,500 home – the same one he bought in 1958. (Source: Huffington Post)
Chalk and Gibbs is a full service independent insurance and real estate agency serving the great people of eastern North Carolina. We would love to get to know you – give us a call and chat with one of our agents, today!