FRIDAY, MARCH 21, 2014
5 Spring Cleaning Tips for Selling your Home:
Hi, this blog post today is coming from Stephen Chalk, a Realtor at Chalk & Gibbs. He is offering a few ideas that will help get your home ready to sell.
Spring is no doubt the best time to put your house on the market. The weather is warming up, plants and trees are starting to bloom, the grass is starting to green up, and people are out house hunting! I have 5 tips to make your property stand out from the others.
1. Freshen up your Yard
- The first impression on a buyer is everything. Add new pine straw or mulch to your flower beds. Clear any debris from the yard to make it appear cleaner. Remember curb appeal is the most important. You don't want to turn somebody off before they even enter your home.
- A clean, good smelling house shows better than a dirty one. Let light in your house, clean your windows and blinds. Clean your floors (carpet, wood, tile, vinyl). A good deep cleaning of your kitchen and bathrooms go a long way. Kitchens and bathrooms are very important to buyers today.
3. De-Clutter and Organize
- De-clutter any unnecessary things that you are not using in your house. Clean your closets out. Not only will it look better, they will look bigger as well!
4. Easy Makeovers
- Bring Spring inside your home! Replace the pillows on your couch or throw pillows on your bed with some that have brighter colors. Consider painting a room or even freshening up a couple of walls. Fresh paint is always good!
5. Stage the Backyard & Spruce up the Entry.
- De-clutter the yard with any unnecessary items that you are not using. Get rid of any dying plants. If you have a patio or deck, add a table with chairs to make it look inviting for back yard bbq's and get togethers.
- Make the entry of your home look inviting and clean. Paint the front door if needed. Add seasonal plants by the front door to spruce it up.
I hope you have found these tips helpful. If you would like a free personal consultation or market analysis on your home I would love to help you!